For Immediate Release
Legal Affairs Associate
General Council Members May Seek Seat on NJSBA Nominating Committee
NJSBA members who also serve on the General Council may join the contest for a seat on the NJSBA Nominating Committee. The General Council will meet on October 18 at the New Jersey Law Center to select someone for the open seat.
To become a candidate a petition must be filed containing the signatures of 10 or more members of the General Council. A petition may be obtained by calling Christina Pateman at the NJSBA (732) 937-7514. Completed petitions must be submitted no later than September 9.
Membership in the General Council is governed by the NJSBA bylaws and is limited to:
- NJSBA and NJSBF officers, and past NJSBA presidents
- Current and past NJSBA trustees
- NJSBA committee chairs, section and YLD officers and designated delegates
- County bar association officers and designated delegates
- Officers and delegates of APALA-NJ, the Association of Black Women Lawyers, Garden State Bar Association, Hispanic Bar Association, Muslim Lawyers Association, South Asian Bar Association, New Jersey Women Lawyers Association
Click here to read the NJSBA Bylaws.