For Immediate Release
Sept. 17, 2013
Sr. Director of Communications
NJSBA Nominating Committee Seeks Candidate for Vacant Seat on the Nominating Committee
NEW BRUNSWICK, NJ - The New Jersey State Bar Association’s Nominating Committee invites members to apply for a vacant position on the 15-member Nominating Committee. The two-year term is vacant due to the resignation of a committee member and has a term concluding in May of 2015. Candidates must be members of the New Jersey State Bar Association.
The Nominating Committee is charged annually with nominating from among the general membership of the Association candidates for the offices of President-Elect, First Vice President, Second Vice President, Treasurer, Secretary, ABA Delegates, Trustees of the Association, and three (3) members of the Nominating Committee. (Article IV, Section 2a)
Further, no member of the Nominating Committee shall be eligible to be nominated or elected as an Officer, Trustee, ABA Delegate, or member of the Nominating Committee during his/her term, and no member of the Nominating Committee shall serve more than two consecutive years. (Article IV, Section 1i)
Criteria: The Nominating Committee will use the following criteria to evaluate all candidates interested in any of the available positions:
1. Adherence to the highest standards of fairness, professional responsibility, civility and professionalism;
2. The quality of prior service to the organized bar;
3. Prior or present leadership positions and degree of effectiveness in these positions;
4. Dedication, capacity for hard work, and ability to fulfill all relevant duties;
5. Awareness of the NJSBA’s internal structure, in particular the duties for the position sought;
6. Demonstrated ability to synthesize and understand extensive information;
7. Demonstrated common sense, good judgment and the ability to articulate positions intelligently;
8. Prior service to the New Jersey State Bar Association and its constituent parts;
9. Prior service to county and specialty bar associations;
10. Extent of practice in the state of New Jersey;
11. Geographical balance of the NJSBA leadership.
Filing Deadline: In order for candidates to qualify for consideration by the Nominating Committee, they should send a letter of intention requesting consideration and up-to-date resume. Letters of intention and complete questionnaire should be received by the nominating committee no later than 12:00 p.m., Tuesday, October 1, 2013. Questionnaires will be disseminated to eligible candidates upon receipt of a letter intention. Candidates should also include an email address, if available, in their letter of intent to assist the Nominating Committee's response. All letters should be directed to:
Susan A. Feeney, Esq.
Chair, Nominating Committee
New Jersey State Bar Association
New Jersey Law Center
One Constitution Square
New Brunswick, NJ 08901-1520
Attn: Angela C. Scheck, Executive Director
Inquires about this may be directed to Angela C. Scheck, 732-937-7500 or email@example.com.