For Immediate Release
June 5, 2013
Sr. Director of Communications
NJSBA Nominating Committee Seeks Candidates for Vacant Seats for Section/Committee Trustees
NEW BRUNSWICK, NJ - The New Jersey State Bar Association’s Nominating Committee invites members to apply for vacant Section/Committee Trustee seats on the Board of Trustees. The vacancies are the result of nominations of prior Section/Committee Trustees for officer positions.
Section/Committee Trustees are elected from among the membership of NJSBA Sections and Committees. Candidates for Section/Committee Trustees must submit an endorsement of at least one sponsoring section or committee, which may have been voted on by the entire section of committee, or by the section or committee’s governing body. A section or committee may sponsor only one candidate during any nominating cycle, and no more than one Section/Committee Trustee sponsored by any one section or committee may sit on the Board at any one time, Article III, 8(e). Sections and committees already represented on the Board, who are precluded this year from sponsoring a candidate, include: Casino Law Section, Criminal Law Section, Equity Jurisprudence Committee, Government and Public Sector Lawyers Committee, Individual Rights Section, Labor and Employment Law Section, and Women in the Profession Section.
Criteria: The Nominating Committee will use the following criteria to evaluate all candidates interested in any of the available positions:
1. Adherence to the highest standards of fairness, professional responsibility, civility and professionalism;
2. The quality of prior service to the organized Bar;
3. Prior or present leadership positions and degree of effectiveness in these positions;
4. Dedication, capacity for hard work, and ability to fulfill all relevant duties;
5. Awareness of the NJSBA’s internal structure, in particular the duties for the position sought;
6. Demonstrated ability to synthesize and understand extensive information;
7. Demonstrated common sense, good judgment and the ability to articulate positions intelligently;
8. Prior service to the New Jersey State Bar Association and its constituent parts;
9. Prior service to county and specialty bar associations;
10. Extent of practice, which should primarily be in the State of New Jersey;
11. Geographical balance of the NJSBA leadership.
Filing Deadline: In order for candidates to qualify for consideration by the Nominating Committee, they should send a letter of intention with an up-to-date resume requesting consideration for the position. Letters of intention should be received by the Nominating Committee no later than 12:00 p.m. Friday, June 21, 2013. Upon receipt of a letter of intention, all candidates will receive a questionnaire, which will be due back no later than 12:00 p.m., Friday, June 28, 2013, along with the endorsement form from the sponsoring section or committee. Candidates should also include an email address, if available, in their letter of intent to assist the Nominating Committee’s response. All letters should be directed to:
Susan A. Feeney, Esq., Chair, Nominating Committee
New Jersey State Bar Association
New Jersey Law Center
One Constitution Square
New Brunswick, NJ 08901-1520
Attn: Angela C. Scheck, Executive Director
Inquiries about this may be directed to Angela C. Scheck, 732-937-7500 or email@example.com.