NJ Lawyer Magazine - New Jersey Lawyer Magazine is the Association's award-winning publication, delivered bimonthly to members. Each issue focuses on a particular area of substantive law, showcasing informative articles by experts in the field.
Pro Bono - The NJSBA's voluntary Pro Bono Resource area
NJ Lawyers Assistance - The New Jersey Lawyers Assistance Program is funded by all members of the Bar with invaluable administrative support from the New Jersey State Bar Association. Our services include help for a broad range of problems and personal issues.
NJ State Bar Foundation - Founded in 1958, The New Jersey State Bar Foundation is the charitable and educational Foundation of the New Jersey State Bar Association.
NJICLE - New Jersey State Bar Association members are eligible for discounted rates on New Jersey Institute for Continuing Legal Education (NJICLE) programs. ICLE sponsors hundreds of continuing legal education seminars each year.
Government Affairs - As the voice of New Jersey Attorneys, the NJSBA works closely with the Legislature, the governor and others on civil liability, judicial administration, budgetary issues, and other legislation that impacts the practice of law.
- Capitol Report
- Legislative Policy
- Legislative Advocacy Archive
- Legislative Committee
- Staff Liaison
- Grassroots Advocacy
- Legislative Position Form
Judicial Administration - The Judicial Administration Committee is actively involved in developing proposed reforms to the judicial system and the Committee’s judicial education efforts include annual participation at the New Jersey Judicial College.
- Arthur T. Vanderbilt Award for Excellence in Judicial Administration
- Judicial Administration Committee
- Bench Bar Relations
- Programs, Projects and News
Legal Affairs - The NJSBA Legal Affairs department monitors issues surrounding the legal rights, interests and responsibilities of lawyers and the justice system and coordinates any direct NJSBA involvement in cases and proceedings before state and federal courts.
The NJSBA sometimes participates as amicus curiae in pending cases before New Jersey and federal courts where issues are believed to affect the legal profession or the system of justice.
Election Procedures -The New Jersey State Bar Association’s governing body adopted a set of procedures that will guide the organization through any contested election or bylaw vote in a fair and mannerly way.
Under the NJSBA's election policy manual adopted by the Board of Trustees in January 2014, the Election Committee has approved petition forms, should anyone wish to challenge the Nominating Committee's selections. The forms are required to be posted online. Here are the forms:
- Nomination Petition for Officer position
- Nomination Petition for County Trustee position
- Nomination Petition for At-Large Trustee position
- Nomination Petition for At-Large Trustee - African-American position
- Nomination Petition for At-Large Trustee - LGBT position
- Nomination Petition for At-Large Trustee - Woman position
- Nomination Petition for Section/Committee Trustee position
- Nomination Petition for Young Lawyers Division (YLD) Trustee position
- Nomination Petition for Nominating Committee Member position
- Nomination Petition for ABA Delegate - Non-YLD position
- Nomination Petition for ABA Delegate - YLD position
NJ Commission on Professionalism - The New Jersey Commission on Professionalism in the Law is a unique cooperative venture of the NJSBA, the state and federal judiciary, and New Jersey's three law schools. We hope to contribute to a strengthening of the traditional values, and sense of responsibility and public purpose, that have made the practice of law a distinguished profession.
- Agenda and Accomplishments
- Events and Information
- Principles of Professionalism
- Programs and Projects
- Articles of Interest
County Bar Associations - A listing of the Lawyer Referral Services for the county bar associations in New Jersey.
Specialty Bar Associations - A listing of specialty bar associations in New Jersey.