Welcome to the NJSBA's Voluntary Pro Bono Resource Area! We hope you find it useful.
Training Videos for Attorneys Receiving Pro Bono Assignments
- Domestic Violence Contempt Matters Training Video
- Closing the Justice Gap
- Municipal Court Appeals - June 2014
The task force report, which the state bar association’s governing body supported and accepted at its May meeting in Atlantic City, is now being circulated throughout the legal community for further comment and President Kevin P. McCann will soon appoint an ad hoc committee to continue the examination of the specific recommendations in the report and make recommendations regarding implementation. Comments are due Sept. 12. The association’s Board of Trustees will review the feedback on each recommendation and determine what further action will be taken on each item. Comments can be submitted to Kate Coscarelli at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Pro Bono: being, involving or doing legal work donated especially for the public good
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Click here for frequently asked questions in connection with voluntary Pro Bono activities.
Pro Bono Counsel Assignment for 2010 — Exemption Categories
Click here to read the Notice to the Bar.
Military Legal Assistance Program
Click here for this pro bono program that provides assistance to eligible military personnel.
Pro Bono Opportunities
Click here to view more information about the following organizations that have completed our NJSBA Pro Bono information form indicating they have pro bono opportunities for attorneys.
- Education Law Center
- Fair Housing Council of Northern NJ
- Hyacinth Aids Foundation
- Legal Services of New Jersey
- New Jersey Bankruptcy Lawyers Foundation
- New Jersey Protection and Advocacy
- New Jersey Volunteer Lawyers for the Arts, Inc.
- Partners for Women and Justice
- Pro Bono Committee of the NJSBA Bankruptcy Section
- Pro Bono Partnership
- Statewide Parent Advocacy Network
- Volunteer Lawyers for Justice
- Western Monmouth Habitat for Humanity
- Youth Advocacy Center/Covenant House New Jersey
Legal Services of New Jersey
Click here to access the Legal Services of New Jersey website, for additional information about pro bono opportunities, legal services, training for pro bono when available, and regional legal service offices.
ABA Center for Pro Bono
Click here for the ABA Center for Pro Bono